Wednesday 2 March 2016

My Face To Face Encounter On Gorilla Trekking Safari





As I prepared to pack for my gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, I felt my adrenaline rush down and my legs could not support me anymore. I packed my suitcases finally and headed for my flight to Entebbe Airport. I had booked my safari with Arch safaris and tours and lucky enough someone was at the airport to pick me. Although I was frightened because it was my first time in Africa with people I had never met but only to communicate online, I was glad that am finally picked from the airport to my hotel. My guide briefed me about my trip and the time of departure. CONTACT US
Uganda Safari Holiday with Gorilla tracking
Uganda Safari


Early in the morning, I realized I had to get up early in the morning for breakfast and my guide was ready for our trip. We moved through incredible country sides of Uganda but what amazed me were the locals that we passed by each freely waving at us like they were familiar with us. 

We stopped at the equator where I was asked to stand on both sides of the earth. I took some amazing pictures with other tourists around and this was a great start. We performed the water experiment were I could not explain how water could divide into two equal sides and the leaf we placed in It rotated around the pivot in an astonishing way. When you visit Uganda please do not leave without experiencing this.
Uganda Safari Tour
What To see on Uganda Safari


I got back into the car and proceeded passing via incredible escarpments that resembled the Alps of Switzerland. My guide explained that people do farm on the sides of these highlands and I could evidently see it. We by passed a spot where millions of bats live, I saw black and white colobus, olive baboons and so much more.
Gorilla Tracking Holiday
Gorilla tracking Tour


Finally, I was in Bwindi forest gorilla area but I did not even realize we had driven for over 9 hours. I had been engaged by the wonderful sites that we passed by. Finally I had to check in at Mahogany Springs. My guide Emma assisted me with all the check in proceeds until I was finally ushered into my room. Emma reminded me about what I needed to arrange in my back pack for gorilla trekking like energy snacks, rain court, large brim hut, Insect repellant and so much more.

The following day, he picked me from the lodge with my packed gorilla trekking gears including packed lunch to the ranger station. Our ranger guide briefed us about what we need to do while we trek to see the gorillas.
Where To do Birding Safari In Uganda
Birding Safari In Uganda

I cannot forget the monkey that kept teasing us with its acrobatic styles. I could listen to the lovely birds whistling from the trees.  Although our ranger guide kept explaining the names of the birds we passed by, many of us kept asking the same name of the same birds because of the variety we passed by. We could not remember all the names because the list was endless yet several of them also looked alike.

We walked for a great distance until finally our ranger guide whose name I cannot recall alerted us to slow down as we were approaching the happy family. I could not hold my tears upon spotting the amazing gorillas. They are huge, with dark fur, very shy and have brown eyes. As we kept staring at the busy family, the silverback emerged from the close by vines. It has grey hair at its back and a sheer size that makes it stand out of the rest of the family. It pounced on one of the infants and tossed it up but each of us dashed for the close by bushes thinking that it was going to harm us. The guide asked us not to do this because it would cause them to range thinking we were enemies.

What a wonderful experience on a gorilla trek in Uganda .I wished to have another day with the gorillas but all the gorilla permits had been sold out  for that day yet even my flight could not be cancelled since I had booked only a 3 day gorilla tracking vacation in Uganda. My friends have decided to book their gorilla tour this 2016 and I will join them too.


No comments:

Post a Comment