Saturday 5 March 2016

How I escaped from The Mouth Of a Gorilla



I worked and saved money to be part of my longtime gorilla trekking dream. I booked  gorilla permits in both Uganda and Rwanda as I desired to experience gorilla tracking in both countries. I packed my bags using the list of gorilla trekking gears that is displayed on a blog that I came across. It had items to pack for gorilla trekking as its title and some of the gears I packed included garden gloves, tracking boots, poncho, adjustable trouser with a zip, sun screen and so much more. Contact Us

What is Gorilla Trekking
Gorilla Trekking Tour

My tour operator was very helpful in updating me about the weather conditions of both countries so that I could not bring excess unnecessary baggage since one of mu segments had a fly-in safari. Iam poor at exercising but for the sake of gorilla trekking, I joined a gym and had early morning jogging so as to keep fit and ready for this trail as many seem to write that it is tedious. I did not consider my self being among those who will fail to make it after paying $ 750 in Rwanda and & $600 in Uganda. This is quite pricey.

At my age, I wished to do adventures that many have crowned difficult so gorilla trekking was another of my expeditions. I was asked to apply for a visa in Rwanda and Uganda but I considered the East African tourist Visa which would allow me travel through both countries with little disturbance at the immigration. 
Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Forest
Gorilla Tracking Tour

On arrival, I was picked by my safari guide who later drove me to Mountain Gorilla View Lodge where I had my overnight. As we drove, I kept gazing at the undulating hills of Rwanda and the green vegetation we passed by. I could not compare this site to anywhere else I have visited. To be sincere, it is amazing!

Finally I was checked into my room but as I lay down on my king-size bed, I started thinking about my reaction when I get face to face with the gorillas. As I had time to read about the mountain gorillas, many websites explain that they have a sheer size, dark fur covers there yes and the walk in a knuckle way. I developed goose pimples whole over my body and had a quick shiver. My room had a picture of gorillas which seemed to be complementing my imagination. 

On the day of gorilla trekking, I was still with memories of what I will do upon seeing the mountain gorillas. We were briefed with other tourists and each of us was given a family to trek in a group of 8. We progressed into the thick forest where we kept meeting steams and boggy surfaces, enchanting monkeys and birds. We walked for many hours but my heart was not yet calm and ready to meet the gorillas. As we got closer, the ranger guide warned us to lower out voices as we were in there territory.  Finally we were face to face with the huge apes but like my imaginations had not yet deserted me, they are gigantic, huge and dark. This was a family of 12 members as explained by the guide. I felt like hiding behind the ranger but at the same time desired to watch the family. 

Gorilla Trekking Tour In Uganda
Gorilla Tracking Tour

One of the giant gorillas opened its mouth to yawn but because of its loud noise, I had lost my mind and stood motionless not thinking about what to do next. By this time, my small body was entering through its mouth and then pushed down into its stomach, I wondered what I would be mingled with since by the look of its belly it had eaten a lot. I wanted to shout for help but who could save me from this horrible nightmare. I realized it was only my imagination my dream had finally come true as I stood face to face with the gorillas.

How Booking Gorilla trekking Permit
Gorilla trek Uganda

No comments:

Post a Comment